Well I’ve finished painting my two Frogfolk Blitzers. One is based on darker coloured ‘Green Tree Frog’ and the other is based on the ‘Green and Golden Bell Frog’, an endangered frog here in Victoria, Australia.
I have also uploaded a better photo of my Frogfolk thrower. All of these are also added to my Blood Bowl link at the top of the blog.
Update on Kaiju Project
Well, after printing out a number of the road tiles and planning out some city blocks, I decided to stage a mock battle. To be honest, I was dissappointed at the washed out colours of the tiles against the full colours of the monsters and troops.
This seems to be an inherent problem when printing on cardstock using an inkjet printer. So I have started from scratch and will be printing the ground tiles (from the streets of mayhem set and the new hinterland set – which is awesome) on presentation paper (think 360dpi inkjet paper – 100 sheets for about $20) and then gluing them directly onto the board.
The buildings are a different issue and will require some experimentation. The options I see are:
- Leave them as they are – this will keep the rigidity of the cardstock, but the colours will be lacking
- Print them on inkjet paper, then glue that to cardstock – this will fix the colour and keep the rigidity, but will need some testing to ensure it works.
- Print them on inkjet paper and then stick that to foamcore and create the buildings that way – much more sturdy, good colour, but more expensive and time consuming.
Needless to say, I will post samples up here when I decide what to do.